Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
I already have ceoliacs disease!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

I already have ceoliacs disease!

i have had ceoliacs disease since i was 1 year old and i am now 26. I have not always been good at sticking to my diet. mostly in my teenage years but i now try hard to keep it strict, an occasional once and a while treat i always found ok and would just have some stomache discomfort and diariaha. But just this week i have been suffering from constant bloatedness and discomfort, for 4 days now it has been like this, my chest feels tight and sometimes it feels a little hard to breath. this is something i have never had before. I generally only eat fresh food fresh fruit veg and meat, i tend to leave out all other kinds of foods... carbs which is easy since i can't eat gluten anyway. It is a concern of mine as this is a new feeling and when i try to read up about symptoms the same it alsways comes back to you may have a gluten intollerance. but sticking to my diet should not cause this. I have looked at other things,stomache cancer... is this a possibility? I also know that if it is not caught in the early stages then it is lethal. My main concern is that for the past 8 years i have been a heavy drinker and this week have not drunk anything, as i am afraid that if it's serious this could make things worse. could my stomach of given up on my eatibng a bit of gluten when i shouldn't or too much drinking... and by that i mean a bottle of wine a night and two - three per day on the weekend. I know you will say stop drinking, which i am doing but i'm worried it could be too late. Now i am seriously thinking its stomache cancer and i know this will only make it worse, i think i might visit the doctor but no one really seems to take you seriously as i am only 26. I have always been concerned for my stomache health sinse i was  very young and nothing has ever been so unpleasent for me. please can you offer some ideas as towhat might be causing this... i have not been sick but the whole thing started sunday with diariha and then monday morning discomfort in my stomach. by monday night i was having palpatations and was finding it hard to beath. now i am breathing ok but my stomach is getting bigger... i ate a salad consisting of lettuce tomatos and cucmber ham and cheese for lunch and then i became bloated. I need answers as i'm going carzy thinking i'm going to die!!
Gluten can be found in more than just the foods you eat....contamination, beverages, skin products are all possible sources of gluten....and my experience has been that my sensitivity grows more severe when I'm exposed to a tiny amount over time....and it is very hard to track where the gluten is coming from..  That combined with anxiety over stomach issues can really mess with your head.
Jenny, seeing the doc might be a good idea just to cover all the possibilities. It's possible your GI tract could be irritated from the intake of alcohol, or it could be something completely unrelated but you should be checked out. See the doc and bring up the subject of alcohol. At the very least, have him run a full blood panel and have your liver and pancreatic enzymes checked in addition to everything else the doc thinks is relevant. You might also want to consider asking to be checked for H. pylori the bacterium implicated in gastritis. You don't have all the symptoms one commonly displays, but considering how often it's found, you might as well add it to the list.

Stomach cancer should be way down the list of possibilities at your age, but no condition can be ruled in or out without some testing.