Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
I just found out I'm pregnant with celiac. HELP
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I just found out I'm pregnant with celiac. HELP

A few months ago I found out I have celiac, and just last week that I'm pregnant. I have always been a picky eater, only liking a few fruits n vegs. In the last few months, I've lost over 20lbs, and since Monday I've already lost 4lbs, which can't be good for the baby. Morning sickness is also bad, making this worse. Definitely appreciate any advice, thanks.

Tags: pregnant
I was also recently diagnosed with celiac and although not pregnant, have taken time to research my new diet for fertility reasons.  Would bland foods such as plain rice cakes, multi grain crackers, or corn based snacks help with the nausea in place of saltine crackers or the like?  Steamed rice, or rice noodles in gluten free chicken broth with chopped up baked chicken instead of gluten laden campbells chicken noodle soup or chicken with rice?  So far I have found that there is an alternative to just about everything I ate before diagnosis, with a little bit of creativity.  The key is figuring out what your stomach can tolerate and creating a gluten free version of it.  There are plenty of recipes on the Internet and taking time to research is well worth it.  Just remember that higher progesterone levels, such as those experienced during pregnancy, can cause constipation, and a sluggish GI system can make nausea worse, so make sure you aren't eating foods known to cause constipation.  Best of luck to you and congratulations on your pregnancy!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...