My 7 year old daughter
My seven year old daughter has had  a lot of issues lately with being able to have a bowel movement.  At first we thought it was simple constipation, but after several laxatives, enemas, stool softners, milk of mag, there is still hardly any relief.  I took her to the doctor, he took a xray and said that there is moderate stool stuck in her colon.  He told me to try a couple more days of the milk of mag, and if I see no change to bring her in and test her blood for celiac disease. I was wondering, is it possible to all of a sudden get celiac or is something that I would of noticed a long time ago? Also is this a serious problem, how concerned should I be?
Celiac disease is a VERY serious problem. It is highly possible to miss it before certain symptoms appear. My dd had no symptoms except for being thin until I tested her, and now she has the worst reaction out of the four of us that are celiacs in my family.

Celiac disease will change your and her life if she has it. It isn't life threatening if she maintains a gluten free diet, but gluten would need to be treated as a poison to her. It must be avoided at all costs. There is so much involved. If your dd's test comes back positive, please do as much research on Celiac, and have any other children, yourself, and her father tested for Celiac. It is genetic, and chances are someone else in the family has it.