Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
Pain and Pressure in Rectum after Vaginal Hysterectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

I had a vaginal hysterectomy a last Friday.  The doctor lifted the bladder and stiched the bladder to the saccrulum(? sp).  I am having pressure, pain and spasms when I try to have a bowl movement. I've been using stool softeners but it really hasn't helped.  I feel a great deal of pressure and discomfort.  Is this normal.  Will the discomfort go away after a few days or weeks.  Could this be normal after the surgery or could there be a problem or infection?
this is normal but do try and find something that will make you go cause it will only cause you more pain in the long run. i went threw the same thing in febuary 2010 wow did it hurt! good luck hun.