Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
Passing out on the toilet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Passing out on the toilet

I travel ALOT. Ive been to developing countries in the last 16 years. my problem started about 10 years ago. I have discomfort in my upper abdomen all the time. And sometimes when I eat something a few hours later I will start to sweat and get sick. I will go to use the restroom and my heart will beat wierd and I get dizzy and my hands and legs go tingly and I pass out. I pass out for a few minutes and it only happens about twice a year but other times I just very sick and have to run for a toilet. My stomach is big and round (despite being very muscular everywhere else) I am very active. In October I went to lift something heavy and got a very big pain in my upper right part of my stomach. the pain moves sometimes and I can feel a bump. I get nauseaus after eating alot...especially big meals. I had a doctor check me out. 1 cat scan, 1 mri, 2 ultrasounds, bloodwork and an upper endoscopy found only a very small hiatal hernia and some fatty tissue on my liver. This is to the point it is getting scary. If anyone can throw an idea my way it would be great.
Try a different doctor for a second opinion. Some of the stuff does sound like it is related to the hernia, but it's probably more than that. Did the dr. test for parasites --- if you travel a lot, this is very likely. I also wonder if you could be having a food allergy reaction --- try to keep track of what you consume when these weird fainting attacks occur.

The round stomach could be from parasites, but I also had that symptom before I went on the Gluten-free diet -- I looked like I was pregnant. My stomach totally flattened out after about 3 months on the GF diet. I hope you figure it out -- best of luck.
OH I agree with Lynn, my first thought before I read her entry was PARASITES.  Because of your traveling.  If you can't find a Dr. to test you for that, try that EnteroLab Online, I believe they could test you for that.  If it is Parasites, there are so many different ones, they may be hard to get rid of because of your traveling.  Also I agree about the gluten and you will also have a hard time with that while traveling. Foreign countries I believe eat a lot of gluten, but maybe not.  I hope you will find an answer soon, I will say a prayer for you that you get a handle on this.