Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
Problems with bowel movements

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Problems with bowel movements

I admit this is a little embarrassing to talk about, but I've been having problems with my bowel movements for a while now and its starting to really worry me. For about 2 to 3 months now I've had bowels of all sorts. Runny and watery looking with mucus, tiny pencil sized, sometimes almost yellow cow pie looking, and every once in a while ill have a hard stool but its not that wide and is quite hard for me pass. Also a lot of the time it looks like I'm not fully digesting the food and can see pieces of food in my stool. Sometimes my stools look all grainy too. A lot of the time too its quite hard for me to pass gas, like i have to strain a little to get it out. I hope you can give me some sort of idea on whats going on with me because this is really freaking me out