Recurring vesicles an lower back
For about 3 years now, I have had recurring blisters and a rash in the same place - the small of my back. The area itches for about the first 24 hours then the little blisters begin to appear. It usually lasts about a week and grows to about the size of a half dollar before drying up and scabbing over. They itch like crazy and nothing I do seems to help. It happens about 2-3 times per year and I haven't determined the cause. My doctor tested the fluid from one of the blisters 2 years ago and the tests were "negative".
How do I know if this is Celiac disease or something else?
You won't know if it's from celiac disease unless you're tested. There are a number of different ways you can check it out and I suggest you do so. If you do the blood tests, make sure to do IgA/IgG gliadin; IgA total; and transglutaminase at the very least. You can also check with enterolab.com and do the fecal antibody test and allele test - much more 'valid' IMO.
I have the exact same thing.  This is only the second time I have had this vesicle.  It has the same appearance with the blisters, then scabs, and then scarred. Well, 9 months later here it has presented itself back into my life just where it had been before.  The other symptoms for celiac disease do not apply to me.  Did you ever find out what it was or do you have any other suggestions.