Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
Strange Lip Rash
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Strange Lip Rash

In the past few weeks I have had 2-3 cases of an outbreak rash-like irritation that surfaces on my lips, I'm scarred it might be an STD but i haven't been intimate with anyone (including kissing) for almost one year. I have however pierced my lip, i personally made sure all the equipment was sterilized but still fear contraction is possible. My lip was pierced about 2-3 months ago and there were no complications at all in that time period. Since i've been with my last partner which was around 11 months ago, there have been no irregularities.

My lip symptoms include:

heavy swelling
burning
sever itching
rash like bumps (that have on one occasion spread through out the face)
redness

there is no:

pussing
bleeding
abrasions

other than on my face, my health is perfectly fine, there are no other symptoms or irregularities throughout any other region of my body

Also, when the "attacks" reoccur and my lip swells, itches and burns, it isn't as prominent as previous attack (it could be because i'm using an antibiotic ointment) but there does seem to be some progression of recovery when it reoccurs

What could this strange ailment be?