Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
Taking Celiac's blood test soon...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Taking Celiac's blood test soon...

I was on a yeast-free and gluten-free diet for a couple of months.  I have a script to have a Celiac's blood test but I understand that I have to be eating gluten for the test to be accurate.  I've been eating gluten for 2 weeks today.  Can someone tell me how long I have to be eating it before I take the test?
Thank you
You may want to give it another couple of weeks.
Thanx so much - not the answer I was looking for, but I'll do that.  Do you have a celiac dx?
I went gluten free for about a week once I thought I had it but then went back to my regular diet for a couple of weeks before the blood test which did come back positive for Celiac so I think a couple of weeks is plenty especially since it takes about a year for your body to heal itself after going gluten free.  Also, once you are gluten free and ingest it you body should even becomre more sensitve when gluten in digested. Also remember that you can have false positives as well as false negatives with the blood test.  The only way to verify if you have Celiac disease is with the biopsy.
Good Luck!
Gidget, I don't, but my husband does.