Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
Testing for Celiac Disease
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Testing for Celiac Disease

I am currently on the urgent list for a scope to be done because I have been ill for over a month now, I always had problems with my bowels, and everyone is under the impression I have some sort of bowel disease, right now they're trying to rule out Crohn's Disease or Colitis. I was just wondering if the scope would also pick up on whether or not I may have Celiac Disease, I was also reading up on that and I have a lot of similiar symptoms with that as well. I also read that it can be caused by malnutrition which is something that could be very likely for me seeing as though I have suffered from Bulimia since February. I don't do it nearly as often or at all, not since I have become ill but I was just wondering if and when I get this scope done if it could show as to whether or not I have Celiac Disease.
Blank
3150328_tn?1349630721
That is one of the diseases that is looked for as part of the exam
whether its suspected or not. That along with H-Pylori
I had a scope done recently and a result on celiac disease was noted
which was negative on mine. So I say yes they can diagnose via scope.
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3150328_tn?1349630721
That is one of the diseases that is looked for as part of the exam
whether its suspected or not. That along with H-Pylori
I had a scope done recently and a result on celiac disease was noted
which was negative on mine. So I say yes they can diagnose via scope.
Blank
3242115_tn?1348537633
Okay, thank you for your help.
Blank
3150328_tn?1349630721
Laura, the scope should identify your problem and get you the help that you need. Another thing to keep in mind sometimes people like you and me who try to find answers on the internet wind up scaring ourselves.
By trying to rule things out we wind up ruling more things to be concerned about in. One has to be careful on how one interprets the information as well. Sometimes it may be something simple. LOL
Blank
3242115_tn?1348537633
Lol, I know what you mean. I just have so many symptoms, and no answers, it just gets frustrating after a while. I'm sick of being sick.
Blank
1092854_tn?1292623951
As soon as you said that u struggle with Bulimia I have read that there are links and ppl that feel this was trigger b/c of the celiac's. a scope should find it, but I know some ppl that have to have a few done to find it.. if it was to come back neg for it and they still dont find it try for a month going gluten free and see how you feel.. Good luck.. I had 2 neg blood test and I have my mom that is Celiac so I just went gluten free and still am for now 10 months and feel so much better.. lost 31 lbs if that makes you feel better.. I was so swollen and bloated..
Blank
3242115_tn?1348537633
Ok, thanks for the help! Means a lot.
Blank
The scope that is done for Celiacs is an upper endoscopy and the scope for Crohns is a colonoscopy. Are they going to do both kind of scopes?

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...