Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
Thick blood cause
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Thick blood cause

Antiphospholipid Syndrome - Do you have thick blood?  This disorder is easy to test for and cheap to treat, but it yet doctors don't seem to routinely ask their patients if their blood seems thick or if they have trouble bleeding for finger sticks or when attempting to donate blood.  

It is another autoimmune disorder, but I think I have had this from an early age.  Migraines are a symptom, and I had those as a child.  Also had Raynaud's, that blotchy look on my thighs when I was cold (I forget the name, but it was not terribly uncommon to see back when girls wore mini dresses), have had leg aches that I couldn't tell if were vascular or nerve pain, and had a sallow tinge to my skin, having a golden tan all year round.  My thinking often seems dull, but I thought it was just from Celiac disease.  

I started treating it  with Ginkgo biloba, hoping to get smarter in my new job, and my skin color turned a normal pink and my leg pain improved.  

Apparently it's a good thing I was too exhausted to think about having kids, because I would have miscarried.  

So the good news is that antiphospholipid syndrome is easy to test for and cheap to treat.  I would like to avoid blood thinners including even aspirin, so I hope I will be able to treat it with diet and supplements.  Interestingly, this can also cause symptoms like MS, and when those who actually have this are given blood thinners, they can get out of their wheelchair!  

I feel like my whole life has been a medical mystery that was only of interest to me.  

http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm/fuseaction/show/pageid/736

http://rarediseases.about.com/od/rarediseasesa/a/120504.htm
Tags: sticky blood, sallow color, leg discomfort, miscarriages, thick blood, Migraines, raynaud's
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank