Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
This might help someone w/ thyroid & Celiac problems
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

This might help someone w/ thyroid & Celiac problems

am a 30y/female with former graves disease and thyroid cancer.(had thyroidectomy) and I have Celiac Disease. Among many other things. Anemia and yadda yadda yadda. I am constantly having to readjust my synthroid because of the absorption from the Celiac. I was on 450 mcg of synthroid for 4 1/2 years. My endo had never heard of such a high dose. And I have had many since that have not heard of it as well. Well, that was because I have Celiac and my body is no absorbing the way it should. That goes with ANY vitamin, mineral, food, supplement, whatever. If your Celiac is not under control, your body will not be getting the nutrients it needs. I never really took my Celiac seriously when I was not symtomatic, but I was still doing damage and now I have ALL kinds of issues. Be your own health advocate, and don't let anyone tell you it is in your head. We know our body better than any Doctor. At least I would hope we do, other wise we are really in trouble. Good luck to you! Get your blood monitored every three months for your Thyroid levels and to make sure your Celiac (If that is what it is) is not affecting the Thyroid. It took me 2 1/2 years of vomitting and severe stomach pain to get diagnosed with Celiac, because I did not have the classic symptom of Diarreah (diarrhea). I throw up 20 within eating something with gluten. I used to weigh over 300 pounds. Beleive it or not I lost 156 pounds. It has been torturous, but also a blessing.
God Bless
Amy