This might help someone w/ thyroid & Celiac problems
am a 30y/female with former graves disease and thyroid cancer.(had thyroidectomy) and I have Celiac Disease. Among many other things. Anemia and yadda yadda yadda. I am constantly having to readjust my synthroid because of the absorption from the Celiac. I was on 450 mcg of synthroid for 4 1/2 years. My endo had never heard of such a high dose. And I have had many since that have not heard of it as well. Well, that was because I have Celiac and my body is no absorbing the way it should. That goes with ANY vitamin, mineral, food, supplement, whatever. If your Celiac is not under control, your body will not be getting the nutrients it needs. I never really took my Celiac seriously when I was not symtomatic, but I was still doing damage and now I have ALL kinds of issues. Be your own health advocate, and don't let anyone tell you it is in your head. We know our body better than any Doctor. At least I would hope we do, other wise we are really in trouble. Good luck to you! Get your blood monitored every three months for your Thyroid levels and to make sure your Celiac (If that is what it is) is not affecting the Thyroid. It took me 2 1/2 years of vomitting and severe stomach pain to get diagnosed with Celiac, because I did not have the classic symptom of Diarreah. I throw up 20 within eating something with gluten. I used to weigh over 300 pounds. Beleive it or not I lost 156 pounds. It has been torturous, but also a blessing.
God Bless
Amy
Thank you for this information.  I am dealing with DH and CD and know of what you speak!
Thank you for this reminder. I am newly diagnosed with Hashimoto and Celiac. That is probably why for the last 4-5 years they cannot stable my thyroid for more than a few months at a time. I am hoping now that I am on a gluten free diet ( and the symptoms are  much better no more stomach pain) that my thyroid will stay level. Do you think this is possible? I was also anemic, my adrenals are low and as you say yadda, yadda, yadda. I hope now my body will begin to absorb my vitamins for a change. So far i am noticing a big difference in the way I feel I am so glad about that. Thanks again for your input since these auto immune conditions seem to run together.
Yeah....those autoimmune diseases really like to gang up on you!! I had Grave's disease, but it went into remission, I still have my thyroid and a benine (sp?) tumor which has now shrunk to almost nothing yay!

I think finally getting diagnosed with Celiac disease and going GF help my Grave's disease to settle down. I've also had type 1 diabetes most of my life and no matter how hard I worked at it, I just could not get good control until....ding ding ding.....finding out about my celiac disease. Now my diabetes is under awesome control and I don't have to work so hard at it.