What are my chances of having Celiac disease?
My mother was diagnosed with celiac disease a few years ago, and it is suspected that her mother had it but was never diagnosed. I have had some of the same symptoms my mother had before she found out she had Celiac, I'm wondering if i should go get tested and how much of a chance there is that i could have it too. . .
There is probably a pretty good change. A number of studies have come out in recent years showing that celiac is genetic and if you are presenting the same symptoms it is probably a good idea to at least get the blood test done. Even if you aren't experiencing strong symptoms, you could be causing some major damage to your body and opening yourself up to any number of diseases linked to celiac (such as osteoperosis and hyperthyroidism). If you have any suspicions at all the you might be celiac, get the test done - but make sure you've been eating gluten for a few weeks before you go. You will get a false negative if you are already gluten free.

Hope that helps.