What should I do about my discomfort after cutting gluten intake?
I just recently found out I might be gluten intolerant, ate a big plate of tortellini and was just depressed and fatigued and had low energy levels. I have now stopped eating gluten, has only been around 4 days though, yet the discomfort that I usually feel in the bottom right corner of my abdomen has not gone away. It feels like gas is trapped, it doesn't necessarily hurt, its just uncomfortable and rises a lot of irritability in me.  Does anyone else have anything like this? What should i do?
What are your symptoms, why did you think you had a gluten intolerance? I think that if you stick with it you'll feel better. Your body needs to heal and you will likely not notice results immediately. Give it time, if you are still having problems gluten might not be the only culprit. You might have to do an elimination diet and see what other foods you may be intolerant to. The biggest culprits are dairy(mostly milk) and grains(not just gluten but oatmeal and rice too) check out the paleo diet. it really helped me change the way I was eating and I feel great now. Hope this helps. message me if you have questions
If you suspect celiac disease, you should get the proper testing while you are still eating gluten.  If you are gluten intolerant--there isn't a test for that--you just have to eliminate gluten and see if you feel better--but it will probably take a number of weeks to feel better.