Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
bloating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

bloating

Hi I have been on a celiac's diet for about 12 years but I seem to be experiences a lot of bloating and gas for some time and the only help is to not eat.  I have tried almost everything from yeast treatments for doctor's fluconazole or diflucan and non doctor prescription of yeast gone which is a yeast cleanse.  I have through the years avoided sugar products, bread products, grain products and milk products, but it doesn't seem to matter what I still have lots of bloating.  Need help.  also looked into premiscan
Non-tropical sprue, sometimes called celiac disease, is present from birth, although some people may not develop symptoms until later in life. This type of sprue is treated by permanently adopting a strict gluten-free diet. This means a person can not eat foods that contain gluten, which is a form of protein found in many grains, such as wheat, barley, and rye. Debbie
I can't answer your question but I am diagnosed about 2 years and still have bloating and gas at times.  I am looking forward to answers for you.  It will help a lot of us.   linda
Thank you for checking on this.  I am now considering perhaps Presnicious, I'm not sure the spelling but it's a B12 deficiency because of the malabsorption in my body from the 20 years of Doctors not knowing what I suffered from and because the symptoms mimicks the flu and IBS.  These two diagnosis are what they kept saying that I suffered from.  And it was amazing how fast the constant flu symptoms disappeared when I was put on the proper diet, that is gluten free.  
Also I am looking at a parasite, as I was very ill while down in Mexico, if of course the B12 is all right.  
ck out your medication i bet its not gluten free  , i was so sick on generic priolosec and nexium diarrhea bloating dumping  losing wt , abdominal pain, now i grow polyps in my stomach so they are hyperplastic type long term use of this medication nexium prevacid makes polyps i also have multi food allergies and rx allergies and enviromental so i eat alot of activa yorgurt and i am feeling better plus the GF diet as much as possible , my vit D was dangeously low so if you have thryoid issues like me i am hypothryoid normal levels hypo symptoms on 37.50 mcg to shrink the goitors and now i have this IBS which got severe so GF here i come now i get constipated,  and say wow no more running so i drink coffee and it works for me  www.bobsredmill.com  save Money on GF
BTW we can start new allergies, even on GF diet since i have grass and weed allergies herbal teas are a no no for me chamomile is very bad, i get stuffy head sore throat dry throat like i am coming down with a cold, no echinachia , no honey, bees pollenate with what flowers and weeds and i had a reaction to royal jelly, so now i bought that GF pizza dough bag its great taste great kinda like a jiffy biscuik type and well by my 3 rd slice my head got stuffed up then my nose ran so i must be allergic to another flour in the mix, so i never know what i will react too,  so i am eattting alot of rice products so i would go back to the basic flours and see, like use only rice flour for a week then go to quiana its at hannaford 5.00 a box or shop at www.bobsredmill.com i just bought 100.00 worth of stuff, got alot for my money  find a gf product that bothers you , i think my problem is tapioca , i love the pudding but i get so gasy so maybe thats my issue with the pizza dough following my same advice one grain at a time! i just made the impossible cheez burger pie its on his website, its a glorified meatloaf i think , i used the all purpose GF flour, i think i will use rice flour next time as it tasted like rice and burger when i added the peppers and onions you thought it was a golumki cabbage roll filling
Hi thank you for your help, although I don't believe that I have a sensitivity likes yours. However, I have more sensitivity to gluten free bread from what they put in it like yeast and eggs.  I started to avoid eggs to see how well i would do because my father's brother had a severe allergy to them.  I was doing a little better so continue to avoid them.  I am still looking at the B12 and parasite potential and will have some results on the parasites when the test returns.  I think the key things is to take charge of your own medical condition and find your answers because waiting for doctors to do it would be suicidal.  Thanks and if you have anymore advise let me know.
Debbie