Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
celiac disease

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

celiac disease

I got my antibody test results.  The gliadin Iga ab came back positive at. Level of 64.  Does this indicate celiac?
Thank you for your help.  I have Crohn's too as well as peripheral neuropathy.
Depending upon the 'range' of normal, it suggests you have a problem with gluten sensitivity. Since this was an IgA antibody, it highly suggests you should have your genes checked for the possibility of celiac disease. Typically you'd generate IgG response to gluten, and possibly IgA response - IgG meaning 'allergy.' An IgA response is more typically related to CD, you you need your genes checked to definitively say you have that auto-immune issue.

There is gene linkage between Crohn's and celiac. That's also another fact that highly suggests that you probably do have celiac disease.
Thank you for the info!!!  It helps me a lot, I know how to proceed:)