complications of gallbladder surgery
My husband had  laproscopic gallbladder surgery 2 weeks ago, and has had trouble eating and drinking  and has had extreme tiredness. he has also lost 12 lbs, which he did not need to lose. Went to 2 week check up yesterday, and doctor is concerened and has ordered a CT scan, he is afraid he will have trouble drinking the  barium, is this the best test, and what do you think the problem could be? i am very worried.
I had trouble regaining my appetite after gallbladder surgery, and what helped me was mirtazapine (Remeron).  It's an antidepressant, but it takes away nausea and increases appetite.  He may regain his weight in 2-4 weeks if he takes it.  I had no trouble with withdrawal when I stopped it when I got my weight back.  Make sure he is taking supplements and have him tested for Celiac disease.  It's common for people with that problem to lose their gallbladders.  
After my gallbladder removal in 95, I experienced some of the same symptoms your husband is dealing with. I was diagnosed with gastroparesis, which can sometimes occur as a complication after any abdominal surgery. Hope this helps & that your husband is soon on the mend.