Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
constipated

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

constipated

chronically constipated can't poop. my stomach and under my ribs are full of stool. I'm drinking senna tea.what can i eat or take to totally clean my stomach out?
if you need your system to have a bowel movement right now, you could try miralax or even an enema. However, these won't solve your problem long term. You need to try and add more fiber to your diet to have more bowel regularity. If you already consume plenty of fiber, try adding pro-biotics daily to help process and digest food better. If you are already doing that, add a little bit of caffiene to your diet and make sure you are consuming plenty of water daily. If none of these simple solutions work for you, see a doctor so that you can have your condition medically addressed.
hi its hard to say without knowing your history,if this is just a recent problem then all of what airpup said..however if it is has been an ongoing problem over a long period of time then it could be a number of things..most of which are still nothing to worry about but should be checked out by a gp...otherwise definitely fibre,and a change in diet would most help x
Constipated can be caused by so many things, so I don't want to give you incorrect advice.I would encourage you to see a gastroenterologist so they can do some tests to find. Out the cause of this.however, I am not a fan of laxatives, but in the short term to get some relief try ducolax, itch, for assistance.since you feel it so far up, if it is constipation, you will need something that works, also a bottle of magnesium citrate might be the route to try. Call your md and get in for an appt.  Soon. You can find this st any pharmacy, grocery store and Walmart. I hope you feel better soon!
Just another thought.constipation is usually not felt in your stomach area, I would call your doc and discuss with his nurse first, hopefully he can work you in soon.ask them what to do, I would hate for you to have an obstruction and take something, usually not a good idea. Take care and call md, even on a holiday, that is what being on call is all about..your health is the most important thing!
i would just like to add that constipation can be brought on by a gazillion things..panicking aside..poor diet..allergies..or even pregnancy are all things to be considered....there is such a huge list to be considered....maybe the answer is to sought your gp...i guess on medhelp people get ahead of themselves as i did...it is probably something or nothing....best wishes xx
Thank you,for your feed back. I did see the Doc and started on magnesium citrate,and a pro biotic. plus more water and trying to eat more foods with fibre. Feeling better already.
Thank you,a change in diet and a lot more water plus a few supplements did the body a lot of good.
Thank you all for your feed back. I 've made a few changes in my diet and feeling much better..And I thought I was drinking enough water?
hi,glad to hear it was something that could be sorted out naturally..and glad to hear your doing ok..take care x