Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
could my child have celiacs please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

could my child have celiacs please help

hi i am a mother of three my son who is two and a half has trouble whilst going a poo as he somtimes bleeds and its fresh blood on tissue ,he does have a very good diet lots of fruit and veg water etc he does have other stuff crisps etc but limited,he is usually very grumpy whingey and very tired sleeps most nights but has nights of disturbanaces crying calling out. recently he has having bouts of vomiting for no reason but only at night with no temp and semi ok in himself,his stools range in colour consistancy loose ie water soft hard they very in colour from cream ,yellow vdark brown light brown nd oily with blood at the end or begining ,his behavior is becoming troublesome ,and now has been having ulsers and sore cracked mouth, he has had one deffinate seizure at 8 mths old and may be two other at 12 meeks and 5 mnths. had test all ok e.e.g and e.c.g .he weighed a good 9lb 7 at birth and now weighs 2st.4oz  and is tall for his age he has been given movicol for constipation bd as he has constipation for over a year apperntly,and when consultant examined him he said he could feel it in his tum so sent for x-ray, just wondering could he have celiacs as h.v said he looks too healthy to have it but he has lots of symptoms he has had x-ray of tummy bloods and stool sample done waiting for results (but not tested for celiacs) .
The only true way to know if he has Celiac. Is to have him tested. You could try cutting out all gluten and dairy and see if he improves. Essentially, that is the treatment for Celiac any way. No gluten or dairy. good luck and keep us posted on him. You still might want to see the Dr about the blood. That doesn't sound right and should be checked.