Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
could these symptoms be celiac disease? thank you so much

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

please help me find out what is wrong. i've been dealing with the following symptoms in the last 14 months or so and they are all still present unless noted otherwise:

1.pain/inflammation in both hands and wrists for 8 months- used to have tingling/shooting nerve pain but this subsided by not using hands as much to type- typing currently very painful- gets worse the more i use hands- if i use them too much tingling/ "shooting" pain returns- fingers/ wrists currently feel hot, swollen, and inflamed. this is my most bothersome symptom by far.
2. deep shoulder aches- worse if i don't work out- im thinking rotator cuff rips because the stronger i get the less these hurt
3. deep hip ache- this never bothers me- only noticeable when i push on hip joint and realize i have soreness all the time there
4. right knee swollen a couple time for a day or so, not sure why.
5. once time right big toe swelled for one day, no obvious reason
5. neck/trap/pec muscles tight- 6 months- physical therapy resolved this and tingling went away unless i overuse hands- tingling could also have gone away just due to rest
6. irregular periods- entire life
7. clear/milky nipple discharge from both breasts- 13 months
8. coughing phlem up after eating big meal and then sleeping
9. sleeping a lot- 8-12 hours
10. anxiety- recent panic attacks over all this
11. lots of stress
12. general ill feeling
13. low grade fever
14. becoming more "sensitive"- allergic to certain spices/honey i used for years and body products now which i never was before- broke out in painful/itchy rash on neck/check from a soap once which went away within 1 hr with high doses benadryl
15. had tinea versicolor rash on neck when hand pain started 8 months ago- this went away with cream
16. sometimes my eyes hurt slightly when i move them,. my overall vision seems to be getting worse, currently use reading glasses.
17.sometimes i have ringing in ears, but not for long and its not really bothersome
18, sometimes breast bone is sore but its not too bothersome to me
19. small, painless, pale ulcer in mouth
20. small, flesh colored bumps on back of arm
22. gas after eating
23. mild acne on face/back
24.skin bruises easily
25. low energy
26. fast resting heart rate- around 75
27. low sex drive
28. this month period was super short for me, 3 days, and then restarted week and a half later and was fairly light, this has never happened before.

lab work:
1.slightly elevated glucose- 101- over the years this has constantly been in this slightly elevated range (highest 107)- diabetes runs in family
2. high protein in urine- 21 (normal 15)- none found 8 months ago
3.slightly low creatine serum- .56
4. prolactin- 12.5
5. vit d was low at 25- took 6 months of supp and sun to get it to 37
6. ra factor 7.8 - 6 months ago

ive had all normal xrays on joints, and other normal blood work that is too much to list here. been diagnosed with thoracic outlet but not sure if this is correct and evn the dr. does not seem confident in the diagnosis. he mentioned lupus/ra maybe in future.

on shoulder xray which showed lungs a little i noticed what appears to be prominent bronchial markings but dr didnt say anything

thanks for your help. i have no idea whats wrong with me. i feel like my body is breaking down on me and i really think something is wrong. sorry this was so long. take care and i wish you well.

***for those with celiac disease- did you ever have very swollen hands and other hand symptoms that were similar to carpal tunnel syndrome? THANK YOU.
Clearwater, if you believe you may have an issues with gluten - and it is possible that some of your symptoms could indicate that - why not  (1) get some testing done either through your physician or gene the gene test done via Enterolab (which you can do yourself), or (2) try a gluten-free trial by taking wheat, rye and barley out of your diet completely for at least 4 weeks and see what happens.......................?

You've got a 'list' that would boggle the mind of almost any doc you consult with, and that could be a problem in-and-of itself. I know you're hunting for answers and I don't blame you, but you may have to do a bit of 'detecting' on your own.