Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
cure for celiac?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cure for celiac?

My brother is suffering from celiac and was dignosed 6 months before. Few days back he went for his blood test for antiTTG and his report was normal. Till now we hvnt gone for his endoscopy again so can he start taking gluten diet as he was taking before?
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
If your brother has been following a gluten free diet, you would expect to most likely see a normal blood test after 6 months.

How was his original diagnosis made?
Blank
he was diagnosed from blood test and endoscopy suggested by gastro surgeon.
Blank
He is celiac and needs to stay on a gluten-free diet for life. The levels of tTg in his blood dropped as a direct result of his being gluten-free. If he returns to eating gluten, they will rise again.
Blank
I agree wholeheartedly with CalGal---Especially since your brother was diagnosed by both blood test and endoscopy.   Sounds like he must be doing exceptionally well with his diet to have his blood test come back looking normal.

I'm not sure how others feel, but if it were me, and the blood test came back looking normal, and I was having no symptoms, I'm not sure I would bother with another endoscopy.
Blank
I also agree. He still has celiac. I was diagnosed with celiac a few months ago and just found out I'm pregnant last week. I have always been a picky eater, only liking a few vegs and little fruit and finding gf diet hard. I'm losing 10-20 lbs a month (now worse with morning sickness)  Definitely appreciate any advice.
Blank
I have been gluten free for 9+ years. All veggies, fruit and meat are naturally Gluten Free. Try Tinkyada pasta, I found it to be the closest to "real" pasta. Crunchmaster crackers are a life saver for quick snacks. Udis & Rudis sandwich breads are the best. It is a lot different now than it was when I was first diagnosed.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank