Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
help????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

help????

ok for a month i have been having burning in my stomach,cramps,nausea,bouts of severe diaheria and the constipation.I have no appetite and have lost 15 lbs.My stools are kinda greasy and smell like sulfur! I am very weak and tired.Any idea what is going on?
Hi. I had very similar symptoms and I was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. The doctor gave me a very specfic diet to follow which helped. Also medication to take 4 times a day. The combination has made a tremendous difference in my life. I no longer spend so much time in the bathroom. Sometimes I looked pregnant from the constipation, sometimes my stomach was flat after the diarrhea. I would go to a gastro doctor. Better to be on the safe side. If you want the diet suggestions to try first let me know! Feel better....
Hi,I have been seeing a gastro doc..and had a colonoscopy and endoscopy and most recently a barium xray which i dont know the results of yet.All my biopsies were normal.He said I may have ibs but the thing is is my symptoms are SO SEVERE.I have gone days and days without eating.Im starting to suspect parasite,but my stool tests are negative,however,i know they have a high failure rate.He even referred me to an infectious disease doc....im freaking out.This doc wants to admit me to the hospital bc im so weak and dehydrated.The weird thing about all of this is when i had my colonoscopy i drank the stuff to clean out your system.Well 2 days after that i felt 100% normal and healthy.I began eating normal meals liek i used to and everything...this lasted 6 days then my symptoms returned....
have they tested you for h-pylori?
no they have not.I will have them test for that.Is is a blood test?