Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
l-glutamine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

l-glutamine

Someone either on this forum or another said they were taking l-glutamine and I would like to ask some questions about it.  I have been researching it and it seems to be good for brain fog and other brain functions.  If you read this and its you or if anyone takes it as it is good for the gut also, I would like to talk to you.   thanks linda
Hi, I stated I take glutamine. I started it taking 1 tsp in my water once or twice a day. I believe that is what has helped my muscle aches. I feel much healthier these days but do not know if I can contribute all of it to the glutamine. I made so many changes including the gluten free diet. If I can help with anything please let me know. Stacie
Thanks for your answer.  I have it in capsule form at 1000 mg. and have been taking it for clarity of mind.  I know it has many good things it does.  I am concerned if it would interact with a medication that I am taking for combating what the thyroid has done to my mind over the past two years.  I really don't know who to ask as most doctors don't know much about these kinds of things.  Thanks for answering me.   linda
How long have you been taking it? Has it been helping with your mind and other things. If you are feeling well go with it. I believe if it does not interact well you will notice. You are right there is no one to ask Dr.'s do not believe much in holistic health care or preventative. If we can get to the root of our problems instead of just treating our symptoms maybe we can actually get better. What causes our bodies to go haywire?
I have only been taking it regularyly for a couple of weeks.  I can't notice any difference as I have been having mind problems since I went off the risperadol.  I believe that it can help that is why I am taking it.  I searched the web and found out it does help with the mind but you are supposed to take something else with it and I didn't write it down.  I know one of the causes of the body going haywire is our thyroid.  The trouble with the holistic health doctor is they give you so many things to take and it is really expensive.  I don't know what you mean about not interacting well with what.  I was concerned about the other medications I take as whether this will interact with it or not.  I am going to ask my endo when I see her on the 20th.   thanks for answering I love to talk to people. It sure helps doesn't it when people understand what we are going through.  love linda
I would suggest looking up l glutamine and read what it says about it .  It does a lot of stuff.  The one thing that I didn't know it was doing was taking away my craving for sugar.  I didn't know why I was desiring sugar and this article says it takes away your desire for it.  Look it up.  It really is a good amino acid.   love linda
I feel the same way you do. It is nice having this site to talk to others about our similar problems or situations. Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't be taking so many vitamins. It does seem like an awful lot. I usually take a break from them on the weekend when I am more relaxed and at home. Have you ever heard of the Marshall Protocol for auto immune diseases?
I have heard about it from someone on the thyroid forum.  I dont know much about it except she said she felt terrible on it but knew it was taking the bad stuff out of her system and she was going to finish the protocol.  I think that was the name of it.  

I know I was taking so many vitamins also at the beginning of the year.  I am only taking a multi, calcium, probiotic and l-glutamine.  Did you check out the l-glutamine and see that it takes away your sugar craving.  I also noticed that I ate some speghetti noodles in my soup and didn't realize it until I had eaten it all and it didn't bother me.  I don't try to eat anything gluten but this was a mistake.  I'm glad it didn't bother me.  Nice to talk with you again.   linda
For several yearrs I have been suffering from muscle soreness, tiredness, and sometimes tendonitis. I have also previously been diagnosed with gluten intolerence. Recently, inaddition to cutting out most gluten from my diet, began taking  L glutamine and calcium supplements. The results have been amazing. All the muscle symptoms have disappeared and I have actually begun to work out with weights again. I am not sure which of my actions had the greatest effect on my improvement but the combination has certainly been effective.