low iron
my iron level is a 10 is that dangerous as i beleave its very low.
i feel very weak and cant think straight.
thanks Dee
Dee,
I posted a comment last night, but I guess it didn't post.  Sorry :-(
If you are weak and not thinking straight, you may need to go to a hospital.  I don't know if anyone is caring for you (spouse, parent, roommate, etc) but you probably shouldn't be alone.  Is the Dr. who diagnosed the low iron treating it?  As a person with Celiac, you may not be absorbing vitamins in pill form.  I used to get weekly B12 shots intramuscular.  I am looking into transdermal patches for my vitamins.  I do not know much about low iron, but it scares me that you are so weak.  Please call someone to help you.  
Let us know how you are doing and feel better soon!
Lori
Some info for you from the web:

How can I increase how much iron I get from my diet?

Only a small amount of the iron in foods is absorbed, or taken in, by your body. Your body best absorbs the iron in meats.

Eating a small amount of meat along with other sources of iron, such as some vegetables, can help you get even more iron out of these foods. Taking high doses of vitamin C pills or eating foods high in vitamin C, such as citrus fruits or juice, at the same time you eat iron-rich foods or take your iron pill may can help your body absorb the iron better.

Cooking in cast-iron pans will increase the iron content of food.

Some foods block the absorption of iron. These include coffee, tea, egg yolks, milk, fiber and soy protein. Try to avoid these things when you're eating food high in iron in order to fully benefit from the iron-rich foods.
Tips on taking iron pills

Take the pills when you eat.
Start to take iron slowly. Try taking one pill a day for three to five days, then two pills a day until you aren't bothered by that amount. Increase the number of pills until you're taking the amount your doctor has recommended.
Increase the fiber in your diet if you have constipation but also increase your water and fluid intake. This is worth trying even though fiber may get in the way of how well your body can absorb iron. You'll still be able to absorb some iron, and it's better than not taking any iron if you need it.
Don't take iron pills at bedtime if they upset your stomach.
If one type of iron pills causes problems, talk to your doctor about trying a different formula or brand.
Store iron pills safely. Iron poisoning is a leading cause of accidental death in children. Iron pills often look like candy.

Also check out the following website.  It tells you what the numbers mean:

http://www.anemia.org/patients/faq/
Good luck!
Lori