Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
mangioma,spine,back and leg pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

mangioma,spine,back and leg pain

I have celiac disease, past 2 years have had increasing severe back, hip and leg pain.  Recent MRI showed mangioma in several different areas of my spine.  What is mangioma?  Can this cause the severe back pain?
Blank
I believe you may mean hemangioma? They are small collections of blood vessels. If the hemangiomas are found within the body of the vertebrae, they can cause back pain. Check with your doc.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I believe you may mean hemangioma? They are small collections of blood vessels. If the hemangiomas are found within the body of the vertebrae, they can cause back pain. Check with your doc.
Blank
Thank you for your answer.  Dr. called it mangioma but may have shortened the word.  The only information I could find was on hemangioma.  So you are probably right.  Thank you for affirming my actions.
Blank
Meningioma is what I think you are talking about.  here is info about it... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meningioma
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...