Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
possibly Celiac or gluten intolerance
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

possibly Celiac or gluten intolerance

I saw a gastro about 2-3 years ago for acid reflux as well as a constant bloated feeling/something stuck in the bottom of my throat.  Had a couple of episodes at night where I would get very nauseated, dizzy/lightheaded, tight chested, elevated pulse.  After endoscopy and food digestion time study, Dr. found nothing serious  - gave me meds (protonix) for reflux.  The bloat and tight chest/breathing issues have not gone away.  And now, these symptons are beginning to impede on my ability to exercise (I'm a runner and am having issues runnng relatively short distances without having to stop because of the bloated feeling, tight chest, and inability to take deep breaths (I've been an active runner for over 12 years).  Recently went to an allergist who found no allergies other than dust mites.  I'm regularly congested (nasal) with post nasal drop constantly.  She performed a lung function test and all results were normal.  As my twin sister does have a gluten intolerance, she ordered blood work to test for celiac.  I wasn't even familiar with this disease - are my symtoms (symptoms) common for celiac or gluten intolerance?