psoriasis and celiac disease
xtb
I have always suffered from psoriasis, usually it comes and goes and is usually contained to just the scalp. However, over the past few months it has spread to my neck and has become very red and sore. I have heard that psoriasis may be associated with gluten intolerance. Just wondering how accurate this is, and how common this is. Is it worth me investigating this further, could I possibly suffer from a gluten intolerance?
Thanks.
My husband suffers from psoriasis and he is helped with the gluten free diet.  He stuck to the diet 100% several years ago and his psoriasis vanished over several weeks.  My daughter had an autoimmune eye condition that she suffered from for two years.  We went to  the doctor and he said it is related to psoriasis.  So I put her on the diet and within two days her two years of eye problems cleared up and she hasn't had a problem since then....that was 5 years ago.  So they were lucky that it helped.  I think I remember reading different percentages of people helped by this diet with their psoriasis - I think it was somewhere from 6% to 15% (but I'm not sure).  

If you'd like to give the diet a try and need help with food ideas, just leave me a message.
It can't hurt to see if the diet helps you.   Hope this helps!
I found this because I noted I was eating bread mostly today, and my psoriasis has been itching like hell, it flared up like crazy! The strange this is that a week ago for the first time in like 16 years, it had disappeared, and for about three or four days, it was like a miracle. At first I thought milk was causing it to come back, but when I starting eating spaghetti and now just bread with honey and butter, IT'S BEEN HELL!
it is really better to get tested for celiac while still eating gluten--if the test comes back positive, there will be no doubt, if it comes back negative, you can go ahead and try the diet and see if it helps.