testing and short-term gluten free diet
Hi all,

I am looking into possibly getting tested for Celiac Disease. I've been having weird symptoms on and off for the past 8 months, and being worked up for MS. I have gotten a panel of other stuff done, but Celiac disease was never suggested to me...probably because my symptoms don't fit and this isn't what I'm looking at but after hearing about it I want to be sure.

The main issue I've been having for the past 8-9 months are chronic vaginal yeast infections. They are almost constant and I've tried every herbal, anti-fungal, and prescription remedy to alleviate the situation. I'm currently on diflucan 2x a week for the past 3 months and still, I expereinced a YI 3 weeks ago, which I got under control with Boric Acid. Hwever, for several months, there wasn't a time where i did NOT have a YI, despite treatment. I was tested for HIV, Diabetes -- both negative-- and even had a full immune system panel which was completely normal, so my immune system works fine. About 2 weeks ago, I started a candida diet...not 100% but pretty darn close for the YI problem. I eat all gluten free (I think I am at least) because of this. Other symptoms I have had in the past 8 months which concerned me for MS are the following: for about 1 month, I had the following symptoms which have NOT returned in the past 6 months: on and off tingling in my arms and legs, some joint pain, muscle pain/weakness, fatigue, and dizziness. I also lost a good amount of weight there for a bit, and wasn't trying to, but I was able to gain it back. Symptoms I have had on and off since then include vision problems, wehre I feel like my eyes can't coordinate, pain/weakness/weird feeling in R arm -- lasts for a few hours and goes away and only happens very infreuqently-- maybe 1x a month or less, and 2x I have seen blood in my stool. I have absolutely NO stomach issues-- no pain, bloating, etc, but I do get diarrhea occasionally, though that has been better in the past few months. I don't think my symptoms are particularly suggestive of CD but want to get it checked out.

My questions are: 1) do you think this could possibly be CD by symptoms or am I totally barking up the wrong tree?
2) To get tested for it, will the 2 week candida/ gluten-free diet make a difference? I know your not supposed to do gluten free while testing, but it will only be 2 weeks this coming Monday. I really would prefer to stick wtih this candida diet to see if it helps my Yi problems, but also want to rule out CD.

Thanks for your input.