toe nail fungus and celiac
This may be a weird question but...

I read on the internet several places that toe nail fungus and celiac could be related, anyone out there have this issue. I am going to be tested end of next month for celiac and this problem arrived in january, so far only one toe.

embarrassing I know, but... figured some one here may know yes or no to this.
thanks
I have Celiac, and have had many problems throughout my life with nail fungus.   I have also always had thin, dry/brittle, chipping, and peeling nails.
thanks for the answer, waited a long time for someone to comment on this one. The internet states in several places about a correlation between the two. i only had peeling nails when i abruptly went from hyperthyroid to hypothyroid due to a dose change. they seem to be ok now.

being tested in 2 weeks for celiac. what do u use for nail fugus? tried an antifungal cream but that did nothing.

thanks Kim
Hi, I have never been tested for Celiac (could have it) but do know that I am Gluten Intolerant, and I have Psoriasis on one heel that does much better when I am strict about the gluten, but every once in a while, being human, i slip and fall off the wagon, then it starts all over again,  as far as the nail fungus, i never connected it to gluten, but I did have it on my big toe, which I did get rid of with a product called NonyX Nail Gel the brand is XennA, podiatrist recommended, it worked beautifully.  put it on your toes at night, put on socks.  I don't know how long it took but it didn't seem very long.  I still have 2/3 of the bottle left.  In fact, I think they guarantee it to work or your money back and it is not super expensive, it is OTC. Hope it works for you as well as it did for me.
thanks

did end up go to doc and he told me to get a nail fungus ointment, or use tea tree oil, so far so good, it has dried up and nail looks like it is about to fall off. had celiac test and came up negative. i do have graves disease and think i am just still highly symptomatic right now, been a year but meds are not working like they use to

thanks for getting back to me. i appreciate it.

graveswoman