unknown skin rash
I am 18 years old and have not been allergic to anything that I know of. About a month and a half ago my skin felt itchy so of course I scratched and within a day a red bumpy patch on the side of my armpit appeared and the next day it was on the other side. Then I noticed my skin on my arms were becoming irritated, so I washed my sheets and clothes with a non-allergetic detergent. Within a week little red itchy pumps, unlike the patches on both sides of my arms began to appear. They started on my arms, then on my neck and chest. I went to a dermatologist for a biopsy and they couldn't tell me much except it was an erruption of the skin. I was perscribed betamethasone and it wasn't helping. It's now been another two weeks and it has spreaded across my entire back and the itch will not cease. The patches are dry and flakey like lizard skin but its red and hurts along with being itchy. Any idea what it could be?
Yeah, that sounds like it could be the rash associated with gluten sensitivity. Sometimes it looks and feels a bit like poison ivy...

You should definitely start looking into the possibility of gluten sensitivity, but for now get yourself some Burt's Bees Hand Repair Creme. In 30 yrs. it is the only thing that ever healed my rashes. It's amazing stuff. Also, stay away from chemicals and fragrances. Use natural cleaning products such as Bon Ami or baking soda and vinegar etc. Use scentless detergents and personal care products, and make sure you always wash new clothes (fabric is treated with chemicals). These chemicals will trigger the rash making it more inflamed and difficult to heal.

If it gets better with this treatment you will at least know that you are reacting to chemicals (which is a very strong sign of metabolic illnesses such as those caused by gluten).