Arm and leg muscle atrophy
I have an active 8 yr old son who was born with CP.  He walks without assistance (toe touch).  He has been going to OT/PT since he was 10 months of age and we do exercises on his left leg,ankle, foot, arm, etc every night after he goes into deep sleep.  It is much easier to manipulate the muscles/joints when he is asleep.

The atrophy is his left leg and arm is now extremely noticeable.  Also his left foot is 1 1/2 sizes smaller than his right foot.  The physicians keep telling me the only thing I can do is continue therapy and encouraging him to use his left side more.  I feel like there has to be something we can do, instead of watching his muscles deteriorate in front of us.

Does anybody have any advice?
Thank you!
hi, I'm an occupational therapist and have so many cases with CP. in cases like your son, we suggest to continue resistive excersices and manual messages. the best thing is to enhance muscles by using them in practices and weight cuffs and to message them by olive oil (after warming with hot towel for 15 min.)
I wish it helps
Good luck