Cerebral Palsy Community
Brain and right Body Paralysis

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

Brain and right Body Paralysis

My mother is a diabetic type 2 patient .December 5 she had Paralysis attack on brain and right side of body .she does not recognize any thing and cannot speak also ...please help me doctor is giving hydergine for brain and insulin for diabetice .she can move her left side and can change side in right direction .ct scan report is.....
_conclusion:
                   there are multiple hypodense areas which are seen in cortical and subcortical location of the parietal and frontal as well as occipital lobes bilaterally with larger lesion seen on the left side .another focal low attenuation area also seen within the region of the head of the caudate nucleus on the left sideextending into the periventricular extending into periventriular region involiving the body of caudate neucleus on the same side .these show no enhancement  on the post contrast study and most likelly represent isohemic within the right partial and parieto-occippital cortex within associated sulcal defination as well as volume loss resulting in right venttricular dilatation as well which pssibly secondary to previous ischemic insults with associated encephalomalacia.
no evidence of intracranial bleed or mass.
she is moving her right leg little bit please explain me can my mother can recover and be normal ...please help
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi, the recovery is usually best in the lower limbs, but upper limb movement, sensation, body image, mental ability, and speech may also recover to some extent. Recovery may begin as early as the first week or as late as the tenth. Little neurological improvement may take place after the 15-16 weeks. Functional recovery may closely follow neurological recovery. It is suggested that much of the early recovery and that of the upper limb could be due to return of circulation to ischemic areas. Transfer of function to undamaged neurons is suggested as a mechanism of late recovery, especially of the lower limbs and of speech. Keep stress on physiotherapy. I hope this helps. All the best.
thanks
she cry and make sound like she normally made in normal but not other sound she created.physiotherapy is going on .but what is theraphy to make her talk or atleast make a sound please help me ...
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi, for most cases, language recovery is not as quick or as complete. While many people with aphasia experience partial spontaneous recovery, in which some language abilities return a few days to a month after the brain injury, some amount of aphasia typically remains. In these instances, speech-language therapy is often helpful. Recovery usually continues over a two-year period. Many health professionals believe that the most effective treatment begins early in the recovery process. Best of luck!
she starts to say some words but she doesn't use the word correctly ......like if she want water she wil use the word she recently heard and sees to cooler and glass......some time she used some word which are from old memories and if we say the starting of the word she end it ..her hand is not much responding but the leg his but the problem his that she cannot sraight her leg we do she crys from the pain ..we cannot afford pysiotaraphy so iam giving her as physiotaarpist said plz reply
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Since there is encephalomalacia (softening of the brain matter as a result of an ischemia or infarction, degenerative changes, infection, craniocerebral trauma, or other injury), chances of full recovery are less. Also there are ischemic or low blood supply changes. I know this is what you do not want to hear. But there is no treatment for this softening nor is reversal possible. Cognitive exercises to improve and trigger brain connections can be tried with the help of a neuropsychologist and neuro-physiotherapist for best motor and cognitive function.
Do discuss this with your mother's treating doctor to assess what can be done best. Take care!
Hi there,

I am a mother of a 11years old son. Since he was born, he is suffering paraparesis, a partial paralysis affecting the lower limbs.

We heard about the method of Dr. Ulzibat, and we decided to do the intervention one year ago. And I have to say how glad we are, with the successful results. Now he does many things, he couldn’t do before, like ride an exercise cycle or walk by himself (with a little help of a walking stick).

There is more information about this technique on the website: http://www.*******.**/ulzibat_en/welcome.html

I also hope this helps someone!
this was my mother history .my id is blocked so i came with other one .later my mother paralysed leg develop gangrene and suffer a painful 10 month. And left us alone in this world .pray for my mother
                                                                      hamdanameen