Cerebral Palsy Community
CP and MS
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

CP and MS

Is it possible for someone born with CP to later also acquire MS? I am interested to know because I am finding my balance and coordination are getting a little worse as I get older.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi.

How old are you now? What are your current symptoms attributed to cerebral palsy?

At present, I am not aware of any direct association of cerebral palsy with multiple sclerosis although common symptoms can occur in both disorders.

Your present symptoms might still be associated with cerebral palsy as there is a type of CP termed ataxic cerebral palsy that affects balance and coordination.

You should talk to your doctor about this.

Hope this helps.
Blank
I am 45 years old , I have CP, I have 4 children, they are all grown. I am too noticing, I am more clumsy, my eye sight is getting worse which is normal but dang ! CP affects my speech and my right side, I have a mild case but, I notice I use to handle my psycological aspect dealing with rude people better than I do now, I get depressed !
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cerebral Palsy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...