Cerebral Palsy Community
Can mother's lupus cause fetal cerebral palsy?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can mother's lupus cause fetal cerebral palsy?

My wife has SLE and antiphospholipid syndrome.  During the delivery fetal heart rate problems were recognized and an emergency c section was done.  Our baby was 5.5 pounds, and my wife was 39 weeks pregnant.  our son is now 2, and was diagnosed with spaztic quadraplegic cerebral palzy that the doctors says is from y wife's antiphospholipid syndrome.  The doctors say my wife's antiphopholipid syndrome caused the antibodies to go to the baby in the womb and caused the CP.  Can this happne, and if so is there any articles on the subject.