Cerebral Palsy Community
Can mother's lupus cause fetal cerebral palsy?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

My wife has SLE and antiphospholipid syndrome.  During the delivery fetal heart rate problems were recognized and an emergency c section was done.  Our baby was 5.5 pounds, and my wife was 39 weeks pregnant.  our son is now 2, and was diagnosed with spaztic quadraplegic cerebral palzy that the doctors says is from y wife's antiphospholipid syndrome.  The doctors say my wife's antiphopholipid syndrome caused the antibodies to go to the baby in the womb and caused the CP.  Can this happne, and if so is there any articles on the subject.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16921719

Read that.  Did you not get counceling before his birth?  I didn't post all the sites here but there seems to be high prevalence of CP in children of mothers with antiphospholipid syndrome.
Apparently also in infertility, a few sites showed that mom's with this syndrome miscarry often.
This is sad, I wish you and your wife luck and hopefully the outcome is not that bleak