Cerebral Palsy Community
Cerebral Ataxia
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cerebral Ataxia

Hi My mother age 62 has been suffering from Cerebral ataxi since last several years - She has difficulty in walking and maintaining her balance - Have there been any new drug discoveries or findings recently regarding ataxia? Any progress at all towards any possible solution/cure for this disease and  If so then please let us know?
Hi there,
Cerebrovascular diseases are the most common underlying cause of ataxia in elderly patients. Cerebellar ataxia is a potentially disabling condition with limited treatment options .Treatment involves treating the cause and symptomatic treatment.Action tremor may respond to primidone, β-adrenergic blocking agents such as propranolol, and benzodiazepines. It is difficult to comment anything without an external examination .I will advise you to consult a neurologist preferably at a medical college or research institute. Only a neurologist can give you expert opinion about what can be done best for her. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cerebral Palsy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank