Cerebral Palsy Community
Cool Burning Sensation in legs and feet during intense spasms?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

Has anyone experienced a cool or cold burning sensation in your feet or legs after a very long spasm attack?

I get them at work sometimes. My legs and feet spasm up badly through out the day. Sometimes if I stop and hold myself up on the wall or counter for a few minutes, stop using the muscles for body support and then try to stretch or relax my feet or legs, I get an intense burning sensation. It only lasts for a few minutes but it feels like an hour. It feels almost cold, enough to make me think I'm cold when I'm not. It also feels very good while it is happening. It feels so good that I just stay in place and let it happen and afterwards I feel a bit better. For lack of a better word, I'd say it's almost like an orgasm for the muscles. It's the weirdest sensation when it happens.

Have you ever experienced anything like this?