Disabled adult male wetting himself
I have Cerebral Palsy Im 37 years old. While I have a cat nap (sleeping) for an hour around 6 or 7 pm  sometimes I wet myselft & get embarrass infont of my parents they also my carers.  Any ides what I can do

Thankyou

Paul
Hi!
Well, CP is less likely to be the cause of bed wetting in adulthood. The cause is usually stress, functionally small bladder, diabetes mellitus, diabetes insipidus, urinary bladder wall instability, UTI, stones and neurological problems. So, you need to consult a doctor to rule out hese causes. Meanwhile, pass urine before taking a nap. This way there will be much fewer accidents. Also keep the room temperature at a comfortable level. If you are cold while sleeping, this can also cause quicker formation of urine. Hope this helps. Take care!
Thankyou for your advice.  I think have to see my doctor as it keep happening more often then once in a while.

Paul
Hi Paul.
I also have mild CP and this problem.  I was told it is because of inncreased muscle weakness as I have gotten older, now 35.  My doctors have advised me to use adult diapers in the evenings to prevent accidents.  At this time, I am trying exercises to help me strenthen my muscles.  I hope this helps/.
Stacey
I have the same problem and mine is thought to be secondary to my mild CP.
As explained to me, many doctors don't understand CP progression in adults. While it is true the lesion causing CP is static, the effects of the lesion is dynamic. For instance the lesion is the same and has not progressed; however, functionally I am worse and have way way worse spasticity. This is due to repetitive injuries incurred because having cp predisposes us to injury.
The more spastic one gets the motor control they get. This can cause incontinence per my specialist. While there could be other causes for the incontinence, the cause could very well be increased spasticity. I think it is important to find a doctor that understands this concept. Sadly this isn't always easy to do as many doctors got it stuck in their minds cp is a static lesion--- and while this is true it does not mean that spasticity and symptoms are static....