Cerebral Palsy Community
Jerks after sleep, PVL baby
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Jerks after sleep, PVL baby

Hi,
My 5year old daughter diagnosed to have Periventricular Leukomalacia (PVL) + developmental delays, she also had a FITS when she was in NICU. We have been continuing Valporin medicine for fits and since she was normal till 4years we have suddenly stopped giving valporin during 4th year, 5months after stopping valporin she started having jerks after sleep. She has the jerks for 15mins after sleep. For last 6months i have started giving valporin as per doctor's advice but i am still not seeing any improvements. I am very much worried about this, is there really a medicine which can stop the jerks?
-Vasu