Cerebral Palsy Community
Knee Walking

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

Knee Walking

My 17 month grandson is walking on his knees. Have any of you seen this in your child?
Hi!

Well, walking on knees is a bit unusual for a 17 month old child. Maybe the child has week feet or some knee problem that makes it difficult for him to stand.

However, if the child knee walks only at some instances and walks normally at other, it maybe because he wants something that is kept at knee level and finds it easy to walk on his knees to that thing.

The child could also be having vertigo and dizziness and may find standing and walking more precarious than walking on knees and hence has adapted to walking on knees.

It is important to get this evaluated with the child’s pediatrician.
Take care!
sorry about the spelling--I meant to say weak feet!