Knee problems with mild CP
I'm 28 and have mild CP. Recently I have been having problems with my knees, I'm thinking it's because of the way I walk but wondering if others have had the same problem. We live in a town house so I have to go up and down stairs several times a day. When I'm going up my knees ache and pop it's quite annoying. Going down is not as bad I just seem to have more stiffness. A couple of weeks ago my husband and I took our kids to an indoor water park resort and I had to climb the stairs many times to go down the slides after we returned home and after I went to bed my left knee dislocated (this dislocation has only happened one other time before, 10 years old when I was pregnant with my first child). It went back into place on its own so I put a brace on the stabilize it. After a couple of days it was feeling a lot better so I went with the brace. Last night while doing the dishes I had this sharp pain shoot up my knee and it started feeling unstable. It's very stiff if I try to stretch my leg out but hurts under my knee cap if I try to bend it. I know that I probably need to see a doctor but would like some personal incite if anyone has experienced the same thing.  
Hi, anterior knee pain arising from the patellofemoral joint may be a significant problem in the cerebral palsy. Conservative treatment methods such as anti-inflammatory drugs, local ice packs, stretching exercises, and braces are the first step in treatment. For those patients in whom conservative treatment is not effective, surgical treatment alternatives needs to be discussed. All the best.
Have you ever considered physical therapy for this? I'm asking because I'm 31 & also have CP.  My knees were also sore, yet after 1 week I saw an extremely dramatic improvement!  I wish you all the best!`
I complained for a year about my knees to my dr as there are few to none specialist that treat audlt cp. He sent me for a bone density scan. I ended up having arthritis from my kners to toes. :( I do hope u feel better.