MRI
I would like to know what it all means?? I just dont know, and I dont understand what it all means!!!  Please Help?

MRI:  has confirmed that Kandise has a probable ischaemic perinatal insult involving right caudate nucleus, right thalamus, mid brain with small right cerebral peduncle, right side of the pons and right medulla.  There is also Wallerian degeneration in the brain stem.  The left cerebellar hemisphere is also reduced in volume.

If you could give any insite to whats going on with my daughter it would be much appreciated, she is a very vibrant 22 month old, she is very independant, she has problems with her left side of her body and was told by her physio that she has mild hemplegia or hemipelegic, but I dont really know what here brain scan means......

Hopefully someone can understand   what im trying to ask or say....
Hi. The MRI results show that her present brain development may be related to previous perinatal insult. This term is used to describe term neonates (gestation >37 weeks) who show signs of fetal distress prior to delivery, who have abnormal Apgar scores that require immediate resuscitation measures at birth, and those who show specific neurological abnormalities during the first 24h after delivery. A pre-existing neurological condition may also predispose an infant to an abnormal delivery and a hypoxic–ischaemic insult (poor blood oxygenation). A related process known as “Wallerian-like degeneration” occurs in neurodegenerative diseases, especially when transport of nerve impulses is impaired. As a result, cerebral palsy develops in 8% to 15% of cases of brain injuries, and affects muscle, brain and nerve function. Cerebral palsy may require medications for seizures and therapy to strengthen muscle and bone structure. For other concerns, you may discuss these with your doctor. Hope this helps.