Cerebral Palsy Community
MRI
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MRI

I would like to know what it all means?? I just dont know, and I dont understand what it all means!!!  Please Help?

MRI:  has confirmed that Kandise has a probable ischaemic perinatal insult involving right caudate nucleus, right thalamus, mid brain with small right cerebral peduncle, right side of the pons and right medulla.  There is also Wallerian degeneration in the brain stem.  The left cerebellar hemisphere is also reduced in volume.

If you could give any insite to whats going on with my daughter it would be much appreciated, she is a very vibrant 22 month old, she is very independant, she has problems with her left side of her body and was told by her physio that she has mild hemplegia or hemipelegic, but I dont really know what here brain scan means......

Hopefully someone can understand   what im trying to ask or say....
Tags: MRI