Mild Case of Cerebral Palsy and Potty Training
I have a little boy who is 3 1/2 years old.  He was born at 26 weeks and we have just put him in Head Start, and they believe that he has a mild case of cerebral palsy with his motor skills.  I need to know if it may be possible that my son is not potty trainin the way that he should because of this?  He is just getting to where he will actually go pee in the potty but he refuses to poop in the potty is this possibly something to do with his mild cerebral palsy?
Hello.

Your son's delayed potty training can in fact be attributed to the mild cerebral palsy. These are difficult times for you. Some times you feel nothing is going right. But these are the times when you should hold on and be patient.

You little one needs your support more than anything else. He will get potty trained. May be, you could keep different colored potties for the two purposes.

Has he been eating and sleeping well ? How is his speech development ?

Regards
my little guy is almost the same age.. he did the opposite.. now he is doing pee pee on it...it took some time ..he is still in daipers.. but getting there...be patient...does your son get constipated?
nydnrehab.com DNS therapy is highly effective in the treatment and management of variety
of conditions, among which are: Acute and Chronic back pain, Hip pain, Knee pain, foot
and ankle pain, Radiculopathy, Sciatica, Shoulder pain, Headaches, TMJ, Neck pain, Pelvic
pain, Non-bacterial prostatitis, Incontinence, Motor delays ,scoliosis, neurological
movement disorders in children and adults and especially postural deviations in children
and adults.  nydnrehab.com  - We provide wide range of rehabilitative services, including
Pediatric rehabilitation, sports medicine, Neurological rehabilitation, and Scoliosis
correction, Management of Asthma and breathing disorders, Post-stroke and Multiple
sclerosis rehabilitation.
visit http://nydnrehab.com dr. Lev Kalika