Cerebral Palsy Community
My 14 month old has recently started having tremors any suggestions?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My 14 month old has recently started having tremors any suggestions?

My son had complications at birth, ended up having a fractured skull, damage to right frontal lobe, was without oxygen for at least 5 minutes.  He had 7 seizures in the first 24 hours of life.  He had left sided weakness for which he has had physical theropy for and occupational therapy for not being able to swallow correctly.  He has bounced back pretty good but has recently started having tremors, they last for usually less than 5 seconds but are becoming more frequent.  Usaully when very excited or upset.  The term cerbal palsy has been used by the doctors before this started and I am wondering if anyone has come across a case like this.  He just had an eeg to see if anything abnormal would be causing this, but he did not have any tremors during the test so I fail to see how that is going to help.  If anyone has any insight I would love to hear it.  Thank you.