My child with Cerebral Palsy
Is kids that's born with Cerebral Palsy have bad behavior? For an example like bit themself and other. An can Dr. Tell you how long well they live? Like for example they Dr. Can tell how long a cancer patience will live...
My Nephew was born with CP and he is 31 yrs old now... I helped raise him... Robbie was a great kid that other than the fact he had a noticeable disability he was just like any other kid... They do not have mental problems unless there is something else wrong with them besides the CP... Robbie also has a beautiful 1 year old daughter that is perfect in every way... His life expectancy is the same as yours or mine... He wears braces and uses arm crutches to walk... He also doesn't have good use of his left hand... He graduated high school with honors and went to college for 2 years but dropped out to get married...Cerebral Palsy is a brain injury that children get either in the womb or during birth...Also premature babies are often born with CP... It's not a disease like cancer... Please do some research on CP....They are people just like us that need love and understanding...

Carol
Well I have a daughter with CP... An she 1yr old an she about to be 2yr old aan Oct. She only weight 16pds I had her at 32week an she was born weighing 3pd an 2oz. I'm young mother that don't no to much about CP but I'm learning as I do more an more research. Her Dr. told me that her brain were damage more on the left side an it damage her ability to walk n talk. But she also were born with bleeding to the brain an  her brain is Encepepathy I may had spell wrong but it have something to do with her head growth. I love my baby girl with all my heart no matter what she born with!!! But I really want to learn more about it
...
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
It is difficult to predict the actual life expectancy; however rough estimates can be made based on research and available data.
In most cases those suffering from CP can expect to have a normal life expectancy. However, if there are other problems affecting other organs or brain, then yes, this can change.
Cerebral palsy can affect the emotions, moods and psychological behavior, depending on the degree of involvement of brain. Again not all have the same involvement of psychological problems.
Hence please consult a neurologist, and a neuro-psychiatrist for complete evaluation.
Take care!