Cerebral Palsy Community
Nerves

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

Nerves

Does anyone who is an adult with mild cp, hydrocephilis, ever have nerve pains and stuff such as this in their weaker side? I seem to be having pain in my hands and fingers on my weak side, and other times it is numb or only sensitive to some surfaces. I really don't understand what it is that is causing it.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Pains in hands and fingers along with numbness can be due to cerebral palsy since it is on your weaker side. However, due to a more localized symptom, in all probability it is due to carpal tunnel syndrome, a nerve compression either at wrist/elbow/shoulder/armpit/cervical spine.
Other than this it can be due to electrolyte imbalance, a blood clot or due to muscle pain.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!