Cerebral Palsy Community
Neurology

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

Neurology

I have 1 large cyst and 2 small on the brain and there is fluid there.  Also underneath the large cyst is an empty space. I have headaches but they won't go away.  I have cerebral palsy.  What should I do?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
It is best to discuss this with your neurologist. If cysts are the cause of the headaches, then the simplest invasive surgery would be to drain the cyst—the fluid is then cultured and lab tested to know its source.
Otherwise the surgeon may decide to operate, but this depends on your overall condition, and future risk of deterioration of cerebral palsy.
Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!