Normal Ck levels?
Does anyone know what the normal level of Creatine Kinase should be in the blood of a 9 month old? What is considered high? My son's neurologist is running all sorts of muscule enzyme tests (Lactate, Pyruvate, HL Carnitine Profile) and I was wondering if any of you knew about this.

My son has not been diagnosed with CP but it is a possibility. He was born 9 weeks early with the cord around his neck 6 times.
Hi, does your son show any of the physical signs of cp? Is he developmental "up to speed"? Does he favour one side of his body over the other? Crawling, sitting alone how is he doing? What other symptoms does he display apart from the things I have asked?
My son has developmental delays, and has been part of Early Intervention programs since he was 3 months old. He has always favored his right side but through therapy, he has started using his left side more. When he crawls, he pulls with his right arm and kicks off on his left leg (dragging his right leg). He just started working with a private physical therapist and is working with a physical therapist at early on starting in a week or so. He learned to sit alone at about 9 months but still has his moments where he does not sit well. He has slight brain damage to the visual cortex, specifically, to the area of the brain that casues you to visually neglect things. His neurologist thought his left eye turned in, but we saw an opthamologist (from Harvard Medical school) and he said that things look good right now, however, they are dialating his eyes and doing tests on him this friday to determine if his brain is processing correctly. When he was 5 months old, they thought he had cortical visual impairment but the neurologist said it was his hearing not his eyes. He has an abnormal auditory response hence all the medical tests!