Persistant Achilles Tightening
I am 36, diagnosed with CP at birth.  3 months premature, placenta previa with blood in my lungs.  With that said my CP is really mild.  I have had to have my Achilles tendon lengthened 3 time...at 6, 15, and 33.  It is already tight again.  In the last x-rays I could see calcifications all up the tendon and was told that they removed a substantial amount of calcification where the Achilles attaches to the heel.  I have no dorsiflexion in my ankle. Even under complete anesthesia where the muscles are totally relaxed it is still at o.  Has anyone ever heard of having to have the Achilles lengthened over and over.
yes , i have had lengthed twice .
I also suffer from mild CP. I have also had my Achilles tightened (when I was around 14, I am now 19) I have only had it done the once, as they wanted to do the left (right side is affected) although I felt it wasn't worth it as the operation I felt, wasn't very effective. Although I think my Achilles may be becoming tight again (hopefully not, may just have good days & bad days) I don't think I would consider the operation again. Aside from the fact you have had the operation carried out 3 times, do you think the operation was effective to you personally? I have also had Botox injections in the back of my calfs, have you heard of this? What do you think to the procedure if you have experienced it personally?
hi, I'm an occupational therapist working with CP children. here we don't refer cases for tendon lengthening if cp is  mild or even sometimes moderate. in such cases professionals prefer to solve the problem with exercise. even after injection and operation rehabilitation is needed to prevent spasticity. for you I think that exercise and using hot bags for 15-20 min, and massaging with olive oil is helpful yet. I don't suggest you to do the operation again.