Screaming Tantrums
I have a special needs son (age 23) that has been acting out with screaming tantrums.  It seems to have progressively gotten worse lately.  The doctor starated him on Deplin 7.5mg  My concern is the potential interaction with his daily meds which are Tegretol, Phenobarb, and Depakote.  None of these meds are given for mood, but for his seizure disorder which is now under control.  Has anyone had experience with Dephlin helping screaming tantrums for a non-verbal CP diagnosed child?  Does anyone have any recommendations for similar behaviors as it is becoming more difficult to manage his outburst?
I notice your question was posted a couple of years ago and I hope that by now you have gotten a good answer that helped with the tantrums.  My daughter is 8 years old, cp, non-verbal, and started having horrible screaming tantrums also.  They are unbearable to listen to.  We had to raise her Depakote by 2 mls but I am not sure that was what triggered the episodes. Her only meds. are Depakote, zyrtec, and prilosec.  easy meds.  i don't think that triggered the episodes because they are like at bedtime, when she doesn't get her way, etc...so i believe they are behavioral and I don't know what else to do but continue to put her in timeouts in her room.  Any other ideas you may have gotten?
My cp son is 14 and screams all the time , he is non verbal and can't walk , sometimes he is happy but lately , no sleep and screams !!! Any advice would be appreciated .....