Aa
A
A
Close
Screaming tantrums
Our, non-verbal, 23 yr old CP child has been progressively becoming more difficult to manage regarding screaming tantrums.  On a recent MD visit, he was started on Delphin 7.5 mg in an effort to control his mood thus resulting in less negative behavior.  My concern is the possiblity of an interaction with his current medications, Tegretol, Phenobarb, and Depakote to control his seizure activity.  I would like to know if others have had this behavior problem and what helped with controlling these negative screaming tantrums.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
hi my daughter has cerable palsy she is 23 she gos all day and night throughing tantrums shouting repeating her self nipping scratching me she doesnt sleep is they any one else in this same predicament as me just dont no what no do is there some sort of medication to help her to calm down at my wits end
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Phenobarbital is kinda known for causing behavioral problems in people with neurological issues and/or mental disabilities. I would try switching the medications if there is another option or lowering the dose at least. I am not a doctor. I just work with special needs and have a daughter with Cp. This has been my experience.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cerebral Palsy Community Resources